▴ Today, September 21: Flu Vaccination Begins
· September 21: Human Brain Project- Brain Matters Series, Registration is free
· September 24, 11:00 - 11:45 AM [NEW DATE]: Revisiting ChRIS: Solutions for the Front Line of Medicine with Dr. Pienaar
· October 1-2: iFETIS 6th International Conference
· October 5-8: MICCAI 2020
· Every Friday: Fenway Fridays
· MIT Lectures: COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2 and the Pandemic
Due to Covid-19 and the need for social distancing, many aspects of the Annual Staff Influenza (flu) Vaccination Program will be different this year. It is more critical than ever to get vaccinated as influenza and covid-19 have similar symptoms.
There are 3 options for flu vaccination:
Unit-based by a nurse in your department or floor
Large clinic in Folkman Auditorium (by appointment only)
Your local doctor's office or "minute clinic"
Deadline for vaccination is October 30, 2020. Click here to book your flu shot appointment.
· List of events open to postdocs across the nation: https://www.nationalpostdoc.org/events/event_list.asp
· September 24, 3:00 - 5:00 PM: Special Postdoc Appreciation Week Event : Communication Styles Workshop
Reminder: Landmark Building Check In Attestation Update
Beginning this upcoming Monday, September 14, employees entering Longwood Center and 401 Park/Landmark Center will no longer check in at the attestation and mask distribution stations at the entrances for Boston Children’s office spaces.
Requirements remain the same (with two updates noted in bold):
Employees must pick up and wear a hospital issued mask at a department level. (There are plenty of masks, hand sanitizer, and alcohol wipes in the supply room.)
Employees must complete the daily symptom screening attestation online before entering any of the hospital’s buildings
Employees must complete the sign in sheet within each department (located on the front of the FNNDSC conference door).
Promote health and safety
-Hand sanitizer, alcohol wipes
-Occupancy modifications to conference/huddle rooms
-Stay home if you are not feeling well
On-site Administrative Support This Week
Gauravi will be onsite this week on Thursday, September 24th.
How have we adapted to work from home?
The NIRS team is fully back on site at the BCH main campus during the pandemic.
Pictured here: NIRS Research Assistants, Jessica Sims and Taylor Vadset.
If you would like to share any interesting pandemic work pictures, your work from home set up, fun quarantine activities, or your quarantine pet pals on the weekly newsletter series, please email email@example.com.