· November 3rd: Election Day - GO VOTE!
· November 3rd 12:00 - 1:00 PM: Getting Your K Award Funded: Constructing the Career Development Plan and Mentor's Statement, Zoom link, Password: 537490
· November 3rd 5:30 - 7:30 PM: Research English Class
· November 4th 2:00-3:30 PM: Planning Career Transitions and Skills during the COVID19 Pandemic, Registration, Zoom link, Password: 531695
· November 5th 1:00 - 2:15 PM: Postdoc Resilience: Managing Work & Job Search Stress, Registration, Zoom link, Password: 254299
· November 6th 12:00 - 12:50 PM: Research Town Hall
· November 9th 3:30 - 5:30 PM: Crafting Your Faculty of Medicine CV
November 11th 1:00 2:30 PM: FNNDSC Fall Social Event - Virtual Escape the Room
▴ Funding Opportunities
· Congratulations to Banu Ahtam, DPhil for receiving the OFD Career Development Fellowship!
· Congratulations to Sheng He, PhD for receiving the Charles A. King Trust Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award!
· AOD ALERT: Personal Email Restrictions Implemented
Over the last week, we have kept you updated about the increasing ransomware attacks launched by suspected Eastern European hackers targeting U.S. hospitals. Malicious groups are targeting healthcare organizations with attacks that produce data theft and disruption of services. These cyber-attacks on the U.S. healthcare system have continued to escalate to the point where we must take significant measures to protect Boston Children’s information systems.
ISD is continuing to work to stay ahead of these attacks and toward that end, effective immediately, we are restricting the ability to access personal email systems (e.g. AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, Xfinity, etc.) while connected to the Boston Children’s Hospital network, either onsite or while connected via VPN.
On-site Administrative Support This Week
Gauravi will be onsite this week on Tuesday, November 3rd.
How have we adapted to work from home?
Graduate Student Interns, Francesco Nasta, Assia Chericoni, Giulia Iandolo, and Roberto Billardello, share their smart working photo.
If you would like to share your work from home set up, fun quarantine activities, or pictures of your quarantine pet pals on the weekly newsletter series, please email email@example.com.