FNNDSC Weekly Newsletter - Week 25
· November 17th at 2:00 pm: Discussion for Building Resilience - Navigating Life and the Pandemic
· November 18th at 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm: Information Session: Program in Clinical Effectiveness
· November 25th at 10:00 am: Bi-weekly Lecture Series with Guest Speaker: Dr. Terrie Inder
· December 8th - 9th: Learning Opportunity: The Art & Anatomy of Writing a Career Development Grant
▴ Research Announcements & News
▴ Funding Opportunities
Last Week's FNNDSC Project Updates
· Last week the NIRS clinical team performed four in-patient measurements including a continuous overnight monitoring session while one of their subjects was transfused. The team also completed a six month follow up visit for one of their hydrocephalus patients.
NIRS Engineering Team
· Dr. Grant and the team gave a NIRS lab tour to our division chief, Dr. Stella Kourembanas. Dr. Kourembanas is very impressed with the NIRS team's innovative work!
· Last week MEG team successfully collected data from two clinical epilepsy patients. Data analysis is in process.
ACG Team Today, let's congratulate the ACG team on their collaboration to accelerate the deployment of Covid-Net! More details can be found in the Red Hat press release.
Open Enrollment Extension
· In response to PeopleSoft slowness experienced last week, Open Enrollment will be extended to 5 pm on Tuesday, November 17, 2020.
ISD Support for WebVPN/VPN Access
· ISD required all staff who use a grid card to access the hospital WebVPN/VPN to enter their current mobile phone number (work or personal) in PeopleSoft last week. ISD staff are available to assist staff and associated personnel who cannot access (or do not have access to) PeopleSoft to update their mobile phone information or were out of office last week. For assistance, contact the email ISD Help Desk or call 617-355-4357 (x5-4357 internally).
Newborn Division Holiday Time Off
· November 26th Thanksgiving
· November 27th Day after Thanksgiving
· December 24th Christmas Eve
· December 25th Christmas Day
· December 31st New Year's Eve
· January 1st New Year's Day
How have we adapted to work from home?
Yurui Guo, Clinical Research Assistant, shares her work from home set up below.
If you would like to submit content for the weekly newsletter series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.