January 12 - 14, 2024
February 28 - March 2, 2024
Registration Open – Early Bird Rates!
Various Dates: Newborn Brain Society - Fetal Neurology Webinar Series
Helpful Links ▴ Research Computing Data Management ▴ Research Computing Self Portal ▴ Research Announcements & News ▴ Office of Sponsored Programs Updates ▴ Funding Opportunities and Links ▴ Staff Resources - Covid-19 ▴ Covid Vaccine FAQs
New FNNDSC Member(s)
Please welcome Graduate Student, Wievineke Apers!
Wievineke Apers is a Pediatric Resident from the Netherlands, doing a PhD on persistent ductus arteriosus in extremely premature infants. She is focusing on neurodevelopmental aspects, looking into long term outcomes and neuro-cardiovascular hemodynamics using non-invasive cardiac output monitoring and near infrared spectroscopy. She will be working with the NIRS team for six months, assessing neuro-cardiovascular hemodynamic and cerebral oxygen metabolism in neonates undergoing procedural closure of a hemodynamically significant patent ductus arteriosus (PDA).
Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
As a reminder, Boston Children’s Hospital requires influenza and COVID vaccination of all W2 employees and Associated Personnel with on-site access by November 17th. If you are in a role that is classified as fully remote, you are exempt from receiving the vaccinations.
1. Getting a Flu and COVID Vaccine at BCH -- Boston Children’s Hospital is offering a walk-in clinic again this year.
a. If you are clinical faculty/staff, you can receive your flu vaccine from the designated nurse on the NICU. Unit based vaccination will not be an option for the COVID vaccine.
b. Please check this site for the flu & COVID clinic schedules at BCH and satellite locations:
· Consent forms will be completed at the flu clinic once you arrive. You do not need to complete a consent form beforehand this year.
2. Getting a Flu or COVID Vaccine Elsewhere -- If you plan to get either vaccine at your doctor’s office, a clinic, or pharmacy, please submit documentation to OHS. Documentation is required this year and attestation forms will not be offered.
a. Send documentation of your flu or COVID vaccination to OHSFluCOVIDVaccine@childrens.harvard.edu.
• If you received a flu or COVID vaccine in Massachusetts (but OUTSIDE of BCH), your vaccination record is in the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). BCH OHS can access this. Please email a request for this with your name, date of birth and ID number for this to OHSFluCOVIDVaccine@childrens.harvard.edu.
• If you received a flu or COVID vaccine outside of Massachusetts, you are required to send the proof of your vaccination to OHSFluCOVIDVaccine@childrens.harvard.edu. Documentation should include: Full name, date of birth, date of vaccination, and type of vaccine received.
More detailed information about the exemption process can be found here.
FNNDSC Studies Currently Recruiting
The HEALthy Brain and Child Development (HBCD) Study is recruiting people who are pregnant. We hope to learn how early life experiences can shape how a child develops.
Families are asked to participate in activities once during pregnancy, and across several visits during early childhood. Study activities include:
• Surveys about daily experiences
• Biological samples like saliva from you and your child
• Interactive activities for you and your child
• Pictures of your child’s brain
• Wearable sensors to measure your child’s heartbeat and movement
• Physical measurements of your child’s growth
If you're interested in joining this exciting study, you can learn more at https://HBCDStudy.org, or contact HBCD@childrens.harvard.edu. We would love to have you and your family be a part of this important research!
FNNDSC Wellness Club
FNNDSC Running Club
Thursdays at 4:00pm
Meet outside Trillium by the Landmark Doors!
401 Park Drive, Boston, MA 02215
All paces welcome ~ 3 mile run
Any questions? Feel free to reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Brain Games 🧠 📝
HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE?
If you have something that you would like to see featured in the next newsletter, please contact Winona Bruce-Baiden at: email@example.com